The office evaluates a number of devices such as Automated Flagger Assistance Devices (AFAD) and Portable Signals based on established test procedures referred to as Indiana Test Methods. Test Method 806, Procedure H covers devices listed here that do not have a specific methods.
- AFAD Test Procedure (ITM 955)
- AFAD Qualified Products List
- Portable Signal Test Procedure (ITM 956)
- Portable Signal QPL
- Delineators QPL
- Pavement Marking Beads Test Procedure (ITM 959)
- Pavement Marking Beads Qualified Products List
- Plastic Delineator Posts QPL
- Reflective Sheeting QPL
- Snowplowable Raised Pavement Markers QPL
- Solar Powered Traffic Control Devices QPL
- Temporary Pavement Marking Tape Type 1 QPL
- Temporary Raised Pavement Markers QPL
- ITM 806 Procedure H
INDOT has changed its specifications to require solid state ballasted (LED) luminaires. Solid State LED luminaires will be used on any INDOT construction project and the agency has started the process of converting the entire inventory to LED.
In 2021 INDOT adopted a test method for evaluating temporary access paths, temporary curb ramps, pedestrian channelizers, and audible information devices. These devices are used when sidewalls are closed for construction or when pedestrians need to be rerouted otherwise.