Law Enforcement Job Opportunities
To submit a job posting send a brief description of the position (see examples below) including expiration date, to Tim Underwood.
Important: Please be sure to include an ending date for the listing, otherwise it will automatically be removed one month after posting. If you have any questions about getting a job posted, email - email@example.com or call Tim @ (317) 837-3271.
- Hiring: Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office
- Hiring: Ball State Police Department
- Hiring: Chesterton Police Department
- Hiring: Churubusco Police Department
- Hiring: Columbia City Police Department
- Hiring: Peru Police Department
- Hiring: Carroll County Sheriff's Department
- Hiring: Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Office
- Hiring: Kingsford Heights Police Department
- Hiring: West Lafayette Police Department
- Hiring: Michigan City Police Department
- Hiring: Greenfield Police Department
- Hiring: Wabash City Police Department
- Hiring: Jasper Police Department
- Hiring: Vevay Police Department
- Hiring: Kokomo Police Department
- Hiring: Noblesville Police Department
- Hiring: South Bend Police Department
- Hiring: Ossian Police Department
- Hiring: Hanover Police Department
- Hiring: Trafalgar Police Department
- Hiring: Cumberland Metropolitan Police Department
- Hiring: Richmond Police Department
- Hiring: Mishawaka Police Department
- Hiring: Metropolitan School District of Washington Township
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for the position of Merit Deputy Sheriff. This is a lateral process and applicants must meet the following qualifications.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. citizenship established by time of appointment.
- Valid Driver’s License (Valid Indiana License by the time of appointment) and has no more than six (6) active points.
- No felony convictions or any misdemeanor convictions for domestic violence.
- Have legal ability to possess a firearm.
- High School Graduate or high school equivalency diploma and at least two (2) years prior law enforcement experience.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to pass all the components of the selection process.
- Must establish residency in Hamilton County within six (6) months of employment (as per Chapter 6 Section IX).
- No convictions for Operating While Intoxicated or operating under the influence of drugs within the previous five (5) years.
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the military.
- Shall not have used an illegal drug in the last three (3) years.
- Either A) ILEA Tier I graduate or B) Graduate from another Indiana academy recognized by the ILETB as equivalent to Tier I or C) Eligible to receive a waiver from ILEA for Tier I.
- Either A) Currently employed as a Law Enforcement Officer or B) Not have been separated from employment as a Law Enforcement Officer for more than 12 months.
Hamilton County offers a competitive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement pension, paid time off as well as holiday/sick/comp days, 12-hour shift schedule, and take-home vehicle. Lateral transfers are eligible for a starting salary from $52,000 up to $58,000.
Applications are due no later than Friday, January 3, 2020. For more information or to receive an application please contact Sgt. Scott Pass firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ball State Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer positions. The application process closes January 31, 2020. Please visit the Ball State’s Human Resources page to apply.
The Chesterton Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Patrol Officer. This application process will be used to fill two openings in early 2020. A hiring list will then be established for the remaining of 2020.
Lateral transfer opportunities (I.L.E.A. certified officers only) for wages and benefits (vacation, health, dental, and eye) may be available depending on qualifications, job history, and approval of the Metropolitan Board of Police Commissioners. Lateral transfer options may apply to a maximum wage of $27.07 per hour ($56,305.60 per year) including a department issued take home vehicle and a generous uniform allowance. We also have one of the highest retirement wages in the state! Our patrol division operates on a 12 hour schedule, which grants our officers every other weekend off. Starting Pay for non I.L.E.A. certified applicants (Probationary Officer) is $21.08 per hour ($43.846.40 per year).
Minimum qualifications to be considered for lateral transfer:
- Have completed academy training and received certification as a law enforcement officer with the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board.
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of law enforcement experience.
Minimum qualifications required to be considered for lateral transfers and non I.L.E.A. certified applicants:
- Be able to pass an extensive background investigation, voice stress analysis (V.S.A.) test, and a interview with the Metropolitan Board of Police Commissioners.
- Be at least 21 year of age and eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be appointed prior to 36th birthday, UNLESS currently employed as a police officer AND a participating member of the 1977 Police and Firefighter Pension Fund.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be of good reputation and character.
Applications and instructions may be obtained in any of the following manners:
- Picked up in person at the Chesterton Police Department at 790 Broadway, Chesterton, Indiana. Applications may be picked up between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Picked up in person at the Porter Police Department at 50 Francis Street, Porter, Indiana. Applications may be picked up at any time and any hour of the day.
- Downloaded from the Town of Chesterton website.
- Requested by email request to email@example.com
Completed applications with all required materials must be turned in by person on or before Friday, December 20, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Candidates may be eligible for lateral transfer consideration. Questions may be directed to Chief David Cincoski at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 219- 926-1136.
The Town of Churubusco is currently accepting applications for a full-time Deputy Marshal position. This position will be under the direction of the Town Marshal and employed within the Churubusco Police Department. Applications and a complete job description can be obtained at the Churubusco Government Center, 204 N. Line Street, Churubusco, Indiana or by visiting our website, www.townofchurubusco.com.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on December 20, 2019. Please direct all questions and return applications to Marshal Dustin Papenbrock at email@example.com.
The Columbia City Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill 1-2 positions for full-time Police Officer.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and not older than 36 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, a valid Indiana Driver's License, must pass a criminal background check, and pass a physical agility test and written test.
Application packets may be picked up at the Columbia City Police Communications Department, 112 S. Chauncey St, or obtained on the department website Applications and Forms page at www.columbiacitypolice.us. Drop off or mail applications to the Columbia City Police Department. Att: Gina Conroy, 112 S. Chauncey St. Columbia City, IN 46725.
Deadline for application submission is 4:00 pm on January 5, 2020. Any questions should be directed to Administrative Assistant Gina Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Peru Police Department is currently accepting applications for two full-time Police Officers. Eligible candidates must be in good physical condition, have a valid driver’s license, a high school diploma or GED Certificate, and be at least 21 years of age, but less than 36 years of age at the time of the hire date. Candidates cannot have any felony convictions and/or cannot have a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence under (18 USC 922 (g)).
Interested parties may pick up an application at the front desk of the Peru Police Department, 35 South Broadway, through Wednesday, January 6, 2020, M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Applications are also available online at www.cityofperu.org. Application deadline is January 8, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. Applications will not be sent to you.
The Peru Police Department will be having both the physical and written portion on January 11, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., at the Peru Fire Department (85 West Canal Street, Peru, Indiana 46970). Please wear athletic attire on January 11, 2020.
- Starting Salary $41,101.41
- Health Insurance after 90 days
- 2 weeks Paid Vacation, after first year of service
- $1,000.00 clothing allowance every year, after first year of service
- Longevity pay
- Take home car, if you live in Miami County
- Retire Plan through the Public Employees Retirement Fund
For more information or any questions, please contact Lieutenant James J. Ulery, Pension Board Secretary, at email@example.com.
The Office of the Carroll County Sheriff is now accepting applications for full-time Merit Sheriff's Deputy.
* Applicants must be a high school graduate.
* Be 21 years old at the time of appointment.
* Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license.
* No prior felony convictions.
* ILEA graduates are preferred.
Applications may be obtained in person at the Carroll County Auditor's Office/Human Resources division (second floor of the Courthouse in Delphi) or online at www.cacoshrf.com.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Carroll County Auditor's Office/Human Resources Division no later than Thursday afternoon January 2, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Any applications received after this date and time will be discarded.
Direct any questions to Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby at 765-564-2413, ext. #1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of Deputy Sheriff. Applicants must be at least 21 years old, possess a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. Applicants must live within Bartholomew or any surrounding county within 1 year of employment. Written testing will be administered on February 29, 2020. Current sworn law enforcement may be eligible for a testing waiver.
- Patrol Salary Range $53,271 – $68,187 based on a 20yr Matrix
- Take Home Car Program / Heath Insurance Benefits / Sheriff’s Pension
- Incentive Pay for Shift Assignment, Military, and Special Assignments
To apply, visit www.policeapp.com and complete an online application. Application must be submitted by January 31, 2020. Inquiries should be directed to Captain Brandon Slate at email@example.com.
The Kingsford Heights Police Department is currently accepting applications for part-time Police Officers. Indiana certified officers only. Applications may be picked up at the Kingsford Heights Town Hall located at 504 Grayton Rd., Kingsford Heights, Indiana or requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is January 10, 2019.
The West Lafayette Police Department is looking to fill five open Police Officer positions for 2020. Are you ready to start your journey and join our team? Now is the time! CLICK HERE to see current job openings and to fill out your application immediately. Do not miss our Recruitment Page for detailed information about the benefits of becoming a WLPD Officer; which includes salary, tuition reimbursement, take home car program and much more. WLPD also has a lateral transfer program for veteran police officers.
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing communities in the State of Indiana. We are also home to one of the top ranked community school corporations throughout the State and country, plus a Big Ten University right in our very own back yard.
The deadline for the current application process ends, Wednesday, February 5th, 2020 at midnight. Written and physical testing will be conducted on Sunday, February 9, 2020. Human Resources will notify qualifying candidates through email with instructions, times and location. Please direct any questions to Captain Arthur Choate at email@example.com.
The Michigan City Police Department is currently accepting applications for multiple full-time Police 0fficer positions.
MCPD will host both a written and a physical test in the Spring of 2020.
Please visit http://michigancitypolice.com/assets/applicationpdf.pdf for more information and to obtain an application.
Applications can be dropped off or mailed to: Michigan City Police Civil Service Commission, 1201 East Michigan 6oulevard. Michigan City, IN 46360
Starting pay for a Probationary Officer (first year) is $43,343.89. After completing the first year of probationary status, then an officer becomes a First Class Patrolman and the pay increases to $46,753.19. Benef1ts include longevity pay, specialty pay, healthcare program including dental and vision,
take home car program, retirement plan, paid vacations, personal days and much more.
Applicants must be between 21-36 years of age by date of appointment, possess a high school diploma or GED,
a valid and unrestricted driver's license, and be a United States citizen. Additionally, applicants must possess a good driving record, have no felony convictions, or misdemeanor battery charge.
Applicants shall be subject to written and physical ability testing along with a thorough background check to include personal character.
The Greenfield Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Patrolman. Application deadline is December 18, 2019 at 1600 hours.
Printed versions will be available on the City of Greenfield website under the employment tab. Further information about dates/times of the physical agility test and written test will be in the application packet.
If you have questions about the process please contact Deputy Chief Holland at 317-325-1202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wabash City Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Probationary Police Officer through December 13, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Applications, job description, and agility test requirements can be picked up in person at the Wabash City Police Department located at 1340 Manchester Avenue Wabash, Indiana Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00p.m.
- Probationary salary $48,319.00
- Career Progression Incentive Pay—Longevity, Promotional opportunities through rank structure
- Take Home Car after two years residing within Wabash City limits
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Eye Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave
Under Indiana Code 36-8-4-7, a person may not be appointed as a member of the Wabash City Police Department
after the person has reached thirty-six(36) years of age. Under Indiana Code 36-1-20.2 (Nepotism), a person may not be appointed as a member of the Wabash City Police Department who is related to any officer of the department. Meet the residency requirements of Indiana Code 36-8-4-2. Any questions for Cpt. Matt A. Benson at 260-571-1377
Jasper Police Department is now accepting applications for Probationary/Lateral Police Officer.
- Must be a resident citizen of the US.
- Must be 21 - 36 years of age OR a veteran with at least 20 years service and no older than 40 years and 6 months of age.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony pursuant to the policy statement in the application.
- Must not have been Dishonorably discharged from the military.
- Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license.
- Must successfully complete and pass all parts of the application process.
Lateral Applicant Information:
- Must have 2 or more years of law enforcement experience and must be a currently certified officer.
- Must complete and pass all phases of the application process.
Application packet must be picked up at the Jasper Police Station, 309 E. 6th Street or completed online at: www.jasperindiana.gov. Completed application must be received by Friday December 20, 2019. Testing date is January 4, 2020. Applicants will be notified of time and location. Deliver to Jasper City Hall or mail to: Personnel Director, EOE #343, C/o City of Jasper, P.O.Box 29 - 610 Main Street, Jasper, In. 47547-0029
The Vevay Police Department is accepting applications for Police Officer, starting today and ending on December 11, 2019 at 4pm. You can pick up an application at town hall Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm, or request one to be emailed to you, by emailing email@example.com. Any questions about the process contact Sgt John Pritchard at 812-427-3737.
The written and P.T. test will be conducted on December 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM, at the Switzerland County High School, enter through door #1.
The Kokomo Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full –time Police Officers. Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of appointment. Testing will begin in the spring of 2020. The testing process includes a Physical Agility Assessment, Written Exam, Background Investigation, Polygraph Exam, and an Interview with a board of officers. Lateral Transfer officers are not required to perform the Physical Agility Assessment or the Written Exam.
The applicant must reside in Howard County or a contiguous county at the time of appointment. Applicants must possess a High School Diploma/G.E.D. Applicants must also possess or be able to acquire a valid Indiana driver’s license. The Kokomo Police Department will be accepting applications until December 31, 2020.
- First Class Patrolman Salary of $51,245.
- Longevity Pay
- $2,000 annual Uniform allowance
- 3% shift differential for afternoon and midnight officers
- Retirement Pension through 1977 PERF
- Vacation days
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Retirees Insurance
Applications and additional information can be obtained by visiting the City of Kokomo Website.
The Noblesville Police Department will be accepting pre-applications for the 2020 Application Selection Process. Anyone interested in applying can do so by visiting our Human Resourses' webpage.
The deadline for application is December 13, 2019.
The South Bend Police Department seeks applicants who desire an active, challenging, and unique career where they can make a difference within the City of South Bend. With around 240 sworn members, the South Bend Police Department is small enough that officers are more than just a number but large enough that officers have various career paths, training, and opportunities. The City of South Bend provides unique benefits such as six weeks of paid parental leave and an employee clinic to those with City insurance. You can find additional information about pay, positions, and benefits at https://police.southbendin.gov/.
The South Bend Police Department’s most recent Police Officer Recruit application can always be found at https://southbendin.gov/employment and search for police. Or you can follow this direct link https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2745689. Application deadline is January 6, 2020.
There is an expedited process for currently certified officers and/or those officers who have already completed the police academy. That application and additional information can also be found at https://southbendin.gov/employment, the title is Police Officer Lateral Entry and a direct link is here at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2469564. Application deadline is January 6, 2020.
For additional questions contact Human Resources at 574-235-9283.
The Ossian Police Department is now accepting online pre-applications for full-time Police Officers. Applicants will be must pass physical agility test (exit standards), written exam, polygraph exam, and background investigation. Testing will begin on December 14, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. with the physical agility test and written exam on the same day.
The pre-application deadline is Friday, December 13, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Applicants will receive futher information by email therefore, applicants MUST have a working email address. Please submit your online pre-application at http://www.ossianin.com/forms/pre-employment-application/.
The Seymour Police Department is seeking professional individuals who will support, protect, defend and obey the Constitutions and Laws of the United States of America, the State of Indiana, and the Regulations of the Seymour Police Department. Applicants must be able to pass a physical agility test and written exam prior to being considered eligible for employment. The physical agility test will be conducted at 8:00AM on the morning of January 11, 2020 at Trinity Lutheran High School.
The written exam will be conducted after the physical agility test on January 11, 2020. Additional information will be given to applications who receive a passing grade after the physical agility test. There will be no make-up day available. Benefits include:
- Starting salary of $52,043 (with 1% per year longevity)
- Top salary of $63,951 (with 20-year longevity)
- $2,000 annual uniform allowance
- $1,000 health incentive if you pass annual physical agility test
- $3,000 annual night shift incentive
- Retirement pension through 1977 Police and Fire
- Vacation, Holidays, and Personal time
- Bereavement Leave
- Take home patrol car
- Short term and long term disability
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
Applications and additional information can be obtained from the Seymour Police Department or online at www.seymourpd.com. Deadline to turn in applications is December 31, 2019.
The Cumberland Metropolitan Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of full-time Patrol Officer. Applications can be picked up at the Cumberland Police Department Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM or the preferred way of e-mailing Meagan Hartley at Meagan.Hartley@indy.gov .
Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 35 years old, must be a high school graduate, must possess a valid driver’s license, and must be able to pass a Criminal background check. If an applicant is certified with the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, they must be current and in good standing. The screening process may include all or some of the following: Physical Agility Test, Written Examination, Department Review Board, Background Investigation, Police Commission Review Board, Pension Physical, Pension Review Board and Psychological Evaluation.
The benefits of the Cumberland Metropolitan Police Department include a clothing allowance, 2 weeks vacation, 11-13 holidays, and 10 sick days per year. First year Patrolman base pay is $48,000.00. Lateral transfers base pay will be determined by experience and on an individual basis. The position also includes health, vision, and dental insurance. The position will also be part of the Police & Fire 77 Pension. If you have any questions, contact Commander Etherton at 317-894-3525. Applications accepted through December 31, 2019.
The Richmond Indiana Police Dept. is now conducting a hiring process. Potential applicants make take the employment test by contacting www.empco.net. The Richmond Police Dept. offers a starting salary $44,991 after probation, aggressive longevity pay scale, take home car, excellent equipment, generous vacation, college tuition assistance, uniform allowance and an opportunity to work for a progressive laws enforcement agency. The testing period will end on December 31, 2019. There are several opportunities to take the exam.
Preference given to ILEA Graduates and armed forces veterans.
For more information regarding a career in law enforcement with the Richmond Police Department call 765-983-7247 Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8am and 4pm or you can register online to take the required entrance exam at www.empco.net.
The Mishawaka Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. Submit your application and you will be notified on the next testing date, time, and location when it is established. Applicants must be at least 21 yoa, possess a high school diploma/GED, and a valid driver’s license. The 2019 salary for a First Class Patrol Officer is $58,078. In addition to the salary, the Mishawaka Police Department provides uniform and equipment allowances (after first year), take-home car program, shift differential pay, and overtime opportunities. Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans are also available.
More information regarding the Mishawaka Police Department is located on the MPD Recruiting website http://mishawaka.in.gov/police/recruiting with a link to the application. For further questions, please contact Lt. Jen Wilson at 574-208-5550 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Expires on December 31, 2019.