Info Agency Main Banner Content
In 2013, the Indiana Legislature adopted the POST, the Physician’s Orders for Scope of Treatment. The following links will provide you with the curriculum and information on what POST is and what you need to know as an EMS responder regarding POST. All certified EMS responders in Indiana must successfully complete the Indiana EMS POST Exam by December 31, 2014. EMS Educators and Personnel may find the following information helpful in exploring POST and other Indiana Advance Directives.
Online POST Course and Exam
- Below, you can find additional materials that will aid in your study and education of POST and Indiana Advance Directives. You must achieve a passing score (80% or higher). You should place this education on your continuing education (CE) report for your next recertification cycle.
- All responders must successfully complete the above exam in order to be recertified by December 31, 2014. If you do not have this education indicated on your CE report and indicated on your Acadis record, you will not be renewed.
- This is in compliance with Section (d)(3) of 836 IAC 4-4-2.
- All EMR and EMT courses beginning or being completed after January 1, 2014 will be required to incorporate the POST curriculum into their training. The Acadis exam will need to be completed as verification of competency.
To complete the Acadis training and/or testing:
- Log into your account at: Acadisportal.IN.gov.
- You will see your profile and your transcript listing courses you are enrolled in, in process and completed courses.
- Click on the icon "POST training."
POST/Advance Directive Educational Materials
- Indiana EMS POST Educational Packet
- Indiana EMS POST Power Point Presentation
- Indiana EMS POST Study Guide
- POST Statute Key Points Outline - EMS
- Chart comparing Living Will, Out of Hospital DNR and POST
- POST FAQ
- POST Curriculum approved by EMS Commission