The health and safety of our patients, families, and staff members is our top priority. Our visitation guidelines balance preventing the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 with the needs of our patients and their loved ones.
We continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in our community and may update the guidelines as needed to provide safe care to everyone.
Visitors must follow all safety precautions, even if vaccinated against COVID-19. Open visitation may fluctuate depending on whether or not the hospital has been placed on quarantine. Please contact the hospital to check status of open visitation.
The NeuroDiagnostic Institute understands that visitors play an important role in an individual’s recovery and, to help ensure a safe environment for interactions to occur between patients, visitors and staff, the NeuroDiagnostic Institute is instituting the visitation guidelines listed below. These guidelines are subject to change depending on the current Indiana Back on Track Stage and statewide mandates, as well as Marion County Health Department guidance. In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak, a moratorium will be immediately enacted at the hospital.
If you have questions about visiting a patient at NeuroDiagnostic Institute, Cassandra Strong, social work director, by calling 317-941-4295.
- All visitors age two and over, MUST wear a mask during the visit, which will be supplied by the NeuroDiagnostic Institute.
- All visitors must sign in and provide information for contract tracing in the event of a COVID positive case.
- Temperature and pre-screening will be conducted on all visitors
- Visits will be limited to two visitors
- Children may attend visits if approved by treatment team
- All visitations must be scheduled through your assigned social worker and times are scheduled between:
- Monday – Friday, 3 - 8 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday – Sunday, 1 – 8 p.m. Eastern Time
- Family community outing day visits are permitted if approved by treatment team.
- Overnight visits are prohibited until further notice.
- No food or drinks permitted until further notice.
- The NeuroDiagnostic Institute will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer for visitors.
- Social distancing measures must be maintained in visitation area and are clearly marked.
The NDI campus at 5435 E. 16th St., Indianapolis, IN, 46218 and free visitor parking is available on the front surface lot of the NDI off of 16th Street entrance or in the Community Hospital East parking garage.