Every patient at Madison State Hospital works with a specialty trained psychiatric physician who leads a multi-disciplinary team of clinical pharmacists, licensed nurses, psychologists, social service specialists, rehabilitation therapists, behavioral clinicians and behavioral health recovery attendants.
The innovative hospital structure parallels the overall mission of MSH to set exemplary standards of psychiatric care with a vision of promoting recovery while honoring individualism and partnerships with patients as they seek their fullest potential.
Madison State Hospital offers evidence-based treatment modalities to meet the patient’s individualized need and facilitate psychiatric/behavioral stability. Individual, group and family therapies are provided within evidenced-based practice domains including but not limited to:
- Co-occurring Disorders (mental illness/substance use)
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Treatment for Co-occurring Disorders
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Neuroscience Treatment Team Partners (NTTP)
- Trauma Informed Services; Sand Tray Therapies
- Computer-based Cognitive Remediation/Skill Building
- Legal Education and Competency Restoration
- Progressive Tobacco Cessation Therapies
- Vocational/Occupational Services
Services for medical specialty care, dental care, dietary counseling, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and pastoral counseling are also readily available for patients.