The Logansport State Hospital Social Services Department has a long standing and rich tradition of welcoming social services interns. We offer opportunities for both the 3-4 month internship, as well as the longer 8-12 month experience. The Social Services Department welcomes both the bachelors and masters level students. Some but not all of the learning opportunities include:
- Participating in new employee training
- Participating with a multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Learning how to document patient notes, treatment plans and assessments
- Training in the area and participating in active treatment groups. These groups address a wide range of mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Learning overall concepts about the mental health system including Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services and Community Mental Health Centers
- Attending administrative meetings to learn about the hospitals policies and procedures
All social service intern inquiries are encouraged to contact the social services director at (574) 737-3799.