Rooms & Cabins
Potawatomi Inn offers a variety of rooms in the 126-room inn and 12 cabins.
The inn rooms are furnished with either 1 or 2 queen beds (accessible versions available), single, or double full-size beds in its Historic Section. We also offer 10 patio rooms located on the ground level, with private patio doors that open onto an outdoor patio overlooking the park or lake.
Cabin Suites (year-round)
We offer 4 spacious and comfortable suites furnished with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, televisions, and phone. These rooms are furnished with 1 or 2 queen beds and one sofa hide-a-bed. The accessible cabin suite offers one queen bed and a trundle twin bed, All cabin suites sleep up to 6 guests.
Historic Cabins (year-round)
Potawatomi Inn offers 8 recently remodeled historic cabins with a mini refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and television, and each has its own private bathroom. The rustic cabins include one queen bed (accessible version) or 2 double beds.
- Lakefront setting with large sandy beachfront
- Boat rental is available Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Adult and child bicycles are available for rent at the inn front desk between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Dock space is available on a first-come basis
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, and sauna
- Staffed activity room that offers activities and crafts for young and old. Check with the front desk for current hours.
- Game room
- Exercise room
- Unique gift shop. Indiana and regional-made products.
- Free wireless internet throughout the Inn
- Satellite television
- Bonfire pit near the lake is maintained from 7 - 10 p.m. daily.
- ATM on property
- Full-service dining room with a cozy fireplace
- Courtyard café for lighter fare with inside and outside dining. Open Friday 4 - 8 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Large sun porch facing Lake James
- Spacious sun deck connected to the Inn is a great place to sit and relax, beautiful enough for an outdoor wedding ceremony with Lake James as a backdrop.
Pokagon State Park, framed by Lake James and Snow Lake, offers abundant opportunities for boating, swimming, fishing, and scenic sunsets. The park offers hiking and biking trails, guided horseback rides, and boat rentals. In winter, the state's only refrigerated toboggan slide operates. Visit www.tobogganrun.com for details.
- Cross country skiing (Open Seasonally)
- Hiking trails, including the 8 Mile Hell's Point Hiking Challenge
- Nature Center/Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Picnicking shelters
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Picnicking and shelter rental
- Playground equipment
- Paddleboat, rowboat, and pontoon rentals (Open Seasonally)
- Recreation building rental
- Saddle Barn with escorted rides 260-833-6007 (Open Seasonally)
- Sand volleyball court
- Swimming/beach (Open Seasonally)
Outside the park:
With more than 101 natural lakes and Indiana’s most beautiful state park, Steuben County is a recreational wonderland. Tour the 200-acre buffalo preserve, visit wineries and discover unique restaurants on the Steuben County Foodie Trail.
For information on local attractions and things to do, please visit Steuben County.