- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Division of Student Financial Aid

SFA > Awards/Scholarships - By Program > Frank O'Bannon Grant Program > Eligible Noncitizen Eligible Noncitizen

Generally, you are an eligible noncitizen if you are: (1) a U.S. permanent resident and you have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551); (2) a conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or (3) an other eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing any one of the following designations: "Refugee," Asylum Granted," "Indefinite Parole," "Humanitarian Parole," or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant." If you are in the U.S. on only an F1 or F2 student visa, or only a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations), you are not eligible for state or federal student aid. However, you may be eligible for college aid.

NOTE: Questions about state of Indiana Grants, Scholarships, and EARN Indiana program should be directed to the Division of Student Financial, W462 Indiana Government Center South, 402 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204, 317/232-2355 or you can e-mail us at