- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST
  • gibill
  • helpline_widget
  • vetorg_widget
  • VeteransServiceOffice_widget
  • welcomehome_widget

Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs

DVA > Resources > Veteran Benefits > Indiana Benefits Indiana Services

The mission of the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs is to assist Hoosier Veterans, service personnel, their dependents and/or survivors in obtaining every benefit and advantage due them under the laws of the State of Indiana and the United States. The Department works with a network of certified County Veteran Service Officers who are there to assist with information and the preparation of paperwork at no cost.

Some of the State benefits that may apply are:

Indiana Benefits

When sending applications to IDVA for Property Tax deductions, Tuition and Fee Exemption, discounted Hunting and Fishing licenses, or Disabled Veteran License Plates, please include the veteran's disability award letter issued by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and a copy of the veteran's DD Form 214 (discharge).

If  you are sending the application for Tuition and Fee Exemption for the Child of a Disabled Veteran, Purple Heart Recipient, or former POW/MIA you MUST include a copy of the Student's birth certificate OR adoption paperwork as well as the above mentioned documents.

If you are applying for Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plates we need to see the Disability award letter that has the breakdown of individual ratings for your disability.  NOTE: they MUST be mobility related in order to be eligible for this plate and meet the requirements of IC 9-18-18-1.