How to Start a Retail Food Business
Food Protection Manager Certification
Report a Food Safety Complaint
The Indiana Food Protection Division, within the Indiana Department of Health, strives to ensure a safe food supply throughout the State of Indiana. The Division develops regulations, conducts inspections, investigates foodborne illness complaints, and responds to other food emergency incidents. The Food Protection Division participates in cooperative food safety inspection programs with other state, federal, and local agencies.
The Food Safety Section has regulatory authority and conducts inspections, with Food Safety Inspection Officers (FSIOs), of food establishments on state property, manufacturing plants, processors, warehouses, packagers, and transporters and of food products for distribution to another entity for resale or redistribution. The FSIOs also provide training and technical assistance to local health departments, consumers and businesses. The Rapid Response program responds to food-borne illness outbreaks with assessment and investigations.
- Retail Food Establishment
- Temporary Retail Food Establishment (State Fairgrounds only)
- Temporary Retail Food Establishment (All other State events)
- Application for Plan Review
- Plan Review Questionnaire
- Instructions for Plan Review
- Variance Application
- Registration Application for Manufacturer, Processor, Repackager or Wholesale Distribution of Food, Drugs, or Cosmetics
- Application for Shellfish Dealer Certification
- Wild Mushroom Identifier Application