All businesses registered with the Secretary of State Corporate Division must first file Articles of Dissolution with the Indiana Secretary of State. You may reach their office at (317) 232-6576.
Once the Articles of Dissolution are approved by the Secretary of State, and you receive a Certificate of Dissolution, the Department of Revenue requires the following forms:
- Form IT-966 is a notice of dissolution that is required of all organizations.
- BC-100 allows the DOR to close your business trust tax accounts. These accounts could include sales tax, withholding tax, etc.
- Power of Attorney is required if someone other than a corporate officer requests a clearance concerning your dissolution.
The final tax return for all Indiana tax types may be submitted with the documents listed above. If you have additional questions, you may call the Indiana Department of Revenue at (317) 233-0389.
Mail the completed forms to:
Indiana Department of Revenue
Enforcement Division/Corporate Dissolutions
100 N. Senate Ave., Room N241
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Check Your Refund
- INfreefile (Individual Income Tax)
- Tax Lien Balance Inquiry
- INtax (Business Taxes)
- Pay Electronically
- Make a Payment Plan
- Check Your Payment Status
- IFTA/MCFT Fuel Tax System
- IRP/BPR Processing
- OSW Permitting
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center