The Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) licenses foster family homes, licensed child placing agencies, child caring institutions, group homes and private secure facilities.
If you are interested in becoming a licensed provider, please view the Becoming a Licensed Provider page.
If you are a parent or placing agency and wish to find additional information regarding current licensure status of a provider, please contact the DCS Residential Licensing Unit at the Residential Licensing Email Box.
General Information about Licensing
Resources for Family Case Managers (FCMs) and Probation Officers (POs)
- Residential & LCPA Licensing Regional Contacts Map
- Emergency Shelter Care Map
- Programs for Sexually Harmful Children and Young Adults Map
- Substance Use Disorder Programs Map
- Programs for youth with Intellectual and Development Disabilities (IDD) Map
- Diagnostic and Evaluations Programs Map
- Teen Mother and Baby Residential Programs Map
- Agencies currently licensed:
Resources for Licensed Agencies & Facilities
- Background Checks
- FFPSA & QRTP Tools & Resources
- Monthly Meeting Minutes
- Plan of Correction (POC) Process Maps
- Policies and Forms
- Rates/Fiscal Information
- Service Standards
- Vendor Profile Attachments