Language Translation
  Close Menu


Subscribe for e-mail updates

Securing Indiana's Pork Supply

Entry Requirements

Click here for the requirements to bring swine into Indiana

Pre-entry Permit

Swine are required to have a pre-entry permit before entering Indiana. Permits may be obtained online or over the phone.

Pre-Entry Permit Online

Call BOAH toll-free at: 877-747-3038

Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Disease Information

Reportable Diseases
Classical Swine Fever/Hog Cholera
Foot-and-Mouth Disease
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDv)
Porcine Reproductive & Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS)
Seneca Valley Virus

Health & Biosecurity

Dead Animal Disposal
Feral Hogs
Validated-Qualified Herd Information

Swine-Related Web Links
Indiana Pork Producers Association
National Pork Producers Council
Purdue Animal Science Department
Purdue Pork Page

Commuter Herd Agreements

A commuter herd agreement may simplify the requirements for interstate movement of swine in commercial production systems. A commuter herd agreement is a written agreement among the owner(s) of a herd and the animal health officials for the states-of-origin and destination specifying the conditions required for the interstate movement from one premises to another in the course of normal livestock management operations. A commuter herd agreement may be renewed annually. Requirements to establish a commuter herd agreement include a detailed, written Swine Production Health Plan; herd health inspections every 30 days by an accredited veterinarian; and notification to the accredited veterinarian in charge and the sending and receiving states prior to each interstate movement of swine between premises within a swine production system. If interested in learning more about the requirements for a commuter herd agreement, please contact BOAH's Swine Health Programs Director at or (317) 607-7071.

Movements Out of Indiana

Before moving animals to another state, always call the state-of-destination for that state's requirements. Click here for a list of other state animal health offices.