Language Translation
  Close Menu


Equine/Horse Entry Requirements

Click here for the requirements to bring equine/horses into Indiana.

Indiana EEE Survey

This survey is designed to be a surveillance tool to assist public health in responding to the presence of EEE in the environment in Northern Indiana.

Movements Out of Indiana

Before moving animals to another state, always call the state-of-destination for that state's requirements. Click here for a list of other state animal health offices.

Extended Equine Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (EECVI)
The EECVI provided by Global Vet Link is accepted in Indiana. This electronic certificate is valid for up to 6 months and may be used for interstate movements of equine going to multiple destinations, such as shows and trail rides. The EECVI is NOT approved for racetrack movements. Learn more:

NOTE: Always contact the state-of-destination before traveling for additional requirements. Not all states accept the EECVI.

International Travel
Requirements for importing/exporting equine in/out of the United States are available on the USDA's website at: