Call 800-847-4367 for immediate response. Dispatchers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Protect Indiana wildlife
Turn in a Poacher, Inc. (TIP) is a non-profit conservation organization that protects our fish and wildlife resources by increasing public support and involvement in bringing violators to justice.
A poacher is a thief who illegally steals wildlife that belongs to each Indiana citizen. Indiana DNR manages wildlife for everyone. Every person can help TIP support DNR’s efforts by reporting potential violations. This will help conserve wildlife for future generations.
Call TIP if you see, hear, or learn about a poacher or another fish and wildlife violation. If your “TIP” leads to an arrest, you may receive as much as a $500 reward, and you can remain anonymous.
Turn In a Polluter
TIP supports the efforts of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) and the Department of Natural Resources to protect air, land and water quality. You can help by submitting a pollution complaint to IDEM. Or you can call the TIP line, and the complaint will be passed along on your behalf.
You can contribute to TIP by sending donations to:
Turn in a Poacher, Inc.
402 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
TIP Citizens Advisory Board
- Joe Cales, TIP president
- Lt. Col. Terry Hyndman, Conservation Officer TIP coordinator
- Capt. Jet Quillen, Conservation Officer TIP coordinator
- Allan Fish, Indy Fly Casters
- Harold Gregory, White River Bowhunters Club
- Gene Hopkins, Indiana Sportsmen's Roundtable
- Bob Rippe, Indiana Sportsmen’s Roundtable
- Phil Seng, Hoosier Outdoor Writers
- Perri Smith, Indiana Deer Hunters Association
- Jay Demais, National Rifle Association
- Kevin Kahlo, Sportsman at-large
- Josh Chrenko, Sportsman at-large
- Geriann Albers, Division of Fish & Wildlife
- Cindy Stites, Director of Education - Hunt to Eat
Conservation officers depend on your help to apprehend poachers who illegally take deer, turkey, small game and endangered species. Together, we can be the eyes and ears that make a difference for the fish and wildlife resources of Indiana.
- 2020 – 381
- 2019 – 228
- 2018 – 327
- 2017 – 535
- 2016 – 246
- 2015 – 345
- 2014 – 522