WHAT ARE YOU SITTING INSIDE FOR?
The outdoors is filled with many wonderful things for you to do and see.
You can hike, swim, camp, listen to frogs, watch birds,
observe wildlife and so much more.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
GET UP AND GO OUTSIDE
Activities/Ideas to get you outdoors
- Sensory Scavenger Hunt
- The "Something" Scavenger Hunt
- Become an official "Hoosier Outdoor Child!" Complete these 11 items and print off your certificate!
- Build a solar oven
- Make a sundial
- Range finder
- Discovering a Sense of Place - Special Stories and Features of Indiana State Parks and Reservoirs for teachers, students and families.
- Using a compass
- Make your own birdseed.
- Make a treasure map in your own backyard
Events to help get you outdoors
Learn to identify things in the wild
- Symbols in cemeteries
- Fish ID!
- Spot a frog or toad by how it sounds
- Bald eagle, turkey vulture and osprey in flight
Information and Safety
- Wear It Indiana - Always wear your life jacket when you go boating!
- Help your dog be a good guest outdoors!
Give the gift of the outdoors
- Do you need a gift idea or a birthday, holiday or just because? Use a coupon to promise someone an outdoor trip!