Welcome Indiana Vendors
We welcome discount offers from businesses who serve employees throughout the state of Indiana!
The Employee Discount Program is intended to allow vendors to offer discounts in recognition of the service state employees provide to the citizens of Indiana.
Criteria for State Employee Discount Offers
- Must not involve the contribution of any state funds.
- Must provide a unique benefit designed for state employees, or involve no cost to state employees (i.e., a free offer).
- Must be available to any and all state employees who wish to take advantage of the offer, regardless of location or employing agency.
- Must not be political in nature. Must not violate state ethics rules. Must not involve the state handling funds.
- Must offer appropriate and relevant goods or services.
The state reserves the right to refuse any offers, to remove a listing at any time, and to modify promotional materials (e.g., due to space limitations).
BUYER BEWARE. A listing on the state’s employee-discount page does not signify: endorsement by the State Personnel Department, that there was any competitive procurement; or the existence of a state contract. Purchaser must examine, judge, and test for him/herself.
Discount offerors are not authorized to market goods or services in the workplace, by means other than SPD issued email, newsletters, or internet postings.
Sending Your Discount Offer for Consideration
E-mail SPD Communications and attach your discount information in a Word or PDF document. You will be notified (by e-mail) of acceptance/denial of your offer within 10 business days.
Please be sure to include the following information in your discount offer:
- The name of your organization.
- The products/services that your organization sells.
- Hours of operation.
- The dollar amount or percentage amount that state employees will save (or you may include the regular rate compared to state employee rate).
- The location(s) of your organization.
- Web site (if applicable).
- Contact information in case of questions or concerns (please include phone number with area code and an e-mail address).
- Expiration date of offer (if applicable).
- Whether or not employees will need to show proof of employment with the State of Indiana ("Employees must show state issued ID or recent paycheck stub").
- Please specify who the offer is for (good for only state employees, state employees and their family members, or state employees and their family and friends).
- Any exclusions that apply to the offer.
Note: We do not allow businesses to come to the Indiana Government Center complex to promote any discount offers, nor do we post signs on campus. All offers will be communicated to employees by e-mail, newsletter, and/or post on the Discounts page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail SPD Communications.