- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST
  • busines_widget1
  • busines_widget2
  • busines_widget3
  • busines_widget4

Business Services Division

Business Services Division > Online Services for Corporations Online Services for Corporations

SOS Email Manager Link


Helpful Resources for Your Corporation

FAQS for Corporations

Q. Where do I find a Certificate of Existence or Good Standing?
A. You may obtain these certificates through Business Services Online.

Q. Where can I find information to start my new business?
A. Review our entreprener's guide for a basic understanding of how to start a business in Indiana.

Q. Who do I contact for inquiries about a Corporation filing?
A. All Articles of Incorporation are filed with the Secretary of State's office and downloadable forms are available online. We do not have state prescribed forms for all transaction types. If a state prescribed form is not available, the document must accompany the proper filing fee and information required by Indiana statute. Call the Corporations helpline 317.232.6576 if needed. Some formation types are other supplemental filings are offered online.

Q. How do I reinstate a business?
A. Procedures for domestic and foreign corporations are different, but all necessary forms and information are available online.

Q. As a foreign business from outside of Indiana how do I know if I need to register with the Secretary of State?
A. A foreign corporation may not transact business in Indiana until it obtains a certificate of authority from the secretary of state. However, this requirement does not apply in some cases. You can view the following Indiana Code statutes to determine if your business activity requires the registration: IC 23-1-49-1 and IC 23-17-26-1

Q. Is it more expensive to file online?
A. Online filing fees are less expensive. Example: to file Articles of Organization by paper is $90.00. The online fee is $85.00 for subscribers and $87.72 if charged to a credit card. Many transactions are available online. Filings that do not have a statutory filing fee requires the filer to use an subscriber account.

Q. What’s your turnaround time?
A. Walk-in and express mail filings received by noon will be completed by noon the following business day. Filings received after noon will be completed by noon in two (2) business days. Filings sent by regular mail will be completed in 3-5 business days from the date received by the office. Business registrations submitted online are reviewed within 15 minutes when received during business hours. Online registrations submitted after work hours will be reviewed the next business day.

Q. Do you offer an expedited service?
A. Our office does not offer an expedited service, but filings made online will be processed within 24 hours.

Q. Where do I send my filings that are not offered online?
A. Please send all correspondences to:

     Business Services Division
     302 W. Washington Street,
     Indianapolis, Indiana 46204.

Q. To whom do I make the check or money order payable?
A. Please make the check or money order payable to Indiana Secretary of State.

Q. Where can I find information regarding government loans for small businesses?
A. The U.S. Small Business Administration is a good source of information concerning qualifications for potential loans. They can provide you information concerning financial assistance, business counseling, training, minority enterprise development and government contracting.

Q. How do I become a non-profit organization?
A. Due to bearing legal and tax issues, you may need to contact an attorney or certified public accountant to further discuss the advantages and disadvantages of becoming a non-profit organization. If you already know you want to form a non-profit visit our New Business Entity Registration. Please note that if you are seeking federal tax exempt status, you must apply through the Internal Revenue Service.