**Update: April 12, 2012**
Full investigative reports by Thornton Tomasetti and Witt Associates have been released and may be accessed and downloaded here.
RELEASE: INDIANA STATE FAIR COMMISSION RESPONDS TO INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS, PROPOSES IMMEDIATE ACTION
Indiana State Fair Commission
August 13, 2011 accident investigation
The Indiana State Fair Commission will utilize this site to provide information about the investigation into the August 13 accident at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Information will evolve as the investigation proceeds.
Thornton Tomasetti, the engineering company conducting the on-site accident investigation at the Fairgrounds, has established a credential procedure and protocol for access to the accident site.
On the tabs at left is information about:
- The form in the credential requests tab at left should be used by qualified parties seeking access to the accident site. An accompanying site protocol policy defines authorized individuals. Site access will not be granted to the general public or media organizations.
A copy of the site protocol policy is posted on the credential tab.
Accident site schedule
- Thornton Tomasetti representatives will post an access schedule for the outer and inner perimeter of the accident site. Updates will be made daily or as needed.
Subscribe to accident site schedule
- To subscribe to updates to the accident site schedule, use the subscription form on the tabs at left.
Photo and video
- As a part of its investigation, Thornton Tomasetti is seeking photos and video that may assist the company in the technical collection of data. The company is looking for images that show the state fair stage and grandstand area before or after the August 13 event. The company is separately reviewing publicly available information but welcomes additional data.
- The Indiana State Fair Commission has been asked for numerous documents relating to the accident at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. As the documents are identified and gathered, they will be posted on this site.
More information will be posted to the site as warranted.