Beauty Culture Instructor License Information
Apply online now! Go to MyLicense.IN.gov and you will either need to create or login to your Access Indiana, single sign-on account. You will complete the online application and submit payment with a credit or debit card. Please allow 48 business hours for your application to be received and reviewed. You will be contacted by a customer service representative with details of what additional documentation is required to complete your application.
- Application: Applications may be submitted online at MyLicense.IN.gov or completed by paper and mailed to our office. If you have ever held a license as a beauty culture professional previously in Indiana, you may login to your MyLicense.IN.gov account and renew your license or go to the Renewal Documents page for more information.
- Application Fee of $40.00: Pay by credit or debit card for applications submitted online at MyLicense.IN.gov. If applying by paper/mail make checks or money orders payable to Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. All application fees are nonrefundable.
- Additional Documentation: Documentation may be uploaded as part of the online application process, or you may log back into your account at MyLicense.IN.gov and use the License Update feature to submit documentation after your initial application has been submitted.
- Name Change Documentation: Documentation of any legal name change if your name differs from that on any of your documents. Documentation may include a copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree.
- Positive Response Documentation: If you answer "Yes" to any disciplinary/background questions on the application, explain fully in a statement that includes all details. Include the violation, location, date and disposition. Submit copies of court documents for each instance to support the statement.
- Examination Applicants:
- Beauty Culture Education Certification: You must have your Indiana approved beauty culture school complete the Beauty Culture Education Certification form and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Examination Pass Notice: You must upload your examination pass notice or submit to our office as part of your application.
- Reciprocity Applicants:
- Verification of Licensure: We must receive verification from every state, territory, and country that you hold or have held a license. A copy of your license will not suffice.
All documents being sent to our office from a direct source (if needed) should be mailed to:
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners
402 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
All applications not completed within one year will be considered abandoned and a new application and fee will need to be submitted.