V. Distribution of Probation Fees
- The offender is responsible for all costs, fines and fees owed to the sentencing court prior to the approval of intrastate transfer. The fees owed by the offender to the sentencing court include the initial probation user’s fee, the administrative fee, and monthly supervision fees while under the sentencing court’s supervision. The sentencing court has the obligation to collect and enforce these fees prior to the grant of transfer. A sentencing court may determine if an offender is indigent only for the fees owed to the sentencing court. A receiving court has no obligation to collect, enforce, or transfer fees owed to the sentencing court.
- The offender is responsible for all fees, including monthly probation supervision fees and program fees, owed to the receiving court after the receiving court has accepted transfer. The offender must also pay a $75 transfer fee to the receiving court. This intrastate transfer fee shall be deposited into the county supplemental adult probation services fund. The receiving court has the obligation to collect and enforce these fees from the offender. A receiving court may determine if an offender is indigent only for the fees owed to the receiving court. A sentencing court has no obligation to collect, enforce, or transfer fees owed to a receiving court.
- All Court Alcohol and Drug Program fees are distributed pursuant to the Rules for Court-Administered Alcohol & Drug Programs.
- If a sentencing court, in its discretion, designates a treatment provider for the offender in a county other than the receiving county, the sentencing court has the obligation to collect and enforce those fees, and to monitor and receive all reports from the treatment provider. The receiving court has no obligation to monitor treatment outside its jurisdiction unless it expressly agrees to that responsibility in writing to the sentencing court.
- Should an offender request multiple intrastate transfers, the offender shall be liable for a transfer fee for each transfer request.