Public Defender Commission
Since 1989, The Indiana Public Defender Commission has served to recommend standards for indigent defense in capital cases, to adopt guidelines of salary and fee schedules for individual county reimbursement eligibility, and to review and approve requests for reimbursement in capital cases. In 1993, the responsibility of the Commission was expanded... More about the Commission »
NOTICE: Important Change in Public Defender Full-Time Salary and CHINS Reimbursement
A complete description of the changes is available here.
- Standard E has been amended to include the qualifications for the public defense counsel to accept CHINS and TPR cases and for these cases to be reimbursable.
- Standard G has been amended to require that salary and compensation to Chief and full-time public defenders shall be the same as provided to prosecutors in similar positions.
2014-15 Quarterly Requests for Reimbursement due dates:
1st Quarter 2015 due May 15, 2015
2nd Quarter 2015 due August 14, 2015
3rd Quarter 2015 due November 13, 2015
2015 Commission Meetings
- June 10, 2015 at 2 P.M. EST
- September 16, 2015 at 2 P.M. EST
- December 9, 2015 at 2 P.M. EST
Commission meetings are held at:
30 South Meridian Street, Room 804 (8th Floor)
Indianapolis, IN 46204