Change bar status
On this page, you may submit a request to change your bar status:
- from active status to inactive or retired status
- from inactive or retired status to active status
The status change may not be immediate. For example, if you are an inactive attorney requesting a change to active, your record needs to be reviewed before the change can be made. You may also need to pay a fee for the status change to become effective.
Please allow up to five (5) days for the status change to be processed.
- Inactive and retired status: Admission and Discipline Rule 2
Still need help?
- Read our frequently asked questions
- Email customer service
- Call the IN.gov customer service center at (317) 233-2010