The Indiana State Police urge Hoosiers to protect themselves against scammers posing as the IRS. Citizens in northern Indiana have reported receiving menacing calls from individuals claiming to work for the IRS and demanding payment on back taxes. Protect yourself from becoming a victim and click here to learn more.
To report IRS scams:
- Call the Indiana State Police in your district
- Call the IRS directly at 800-829-1040
- Or visit http://www.irs.gov/
Other Scams in Indiana
- Beware of criminal attempts to steal your credit card and ATM information, click here.
- Protect yourself from five different types of property scams. To watch the video click here.
- Scam in Bloomington targets grandparents. For more information click here.
- WTHR Channel 13 covers scams targeting seniors. To watch the video click here.