ISDH Available Internship Opportunities
A new opportunity for internships has become available May 25th. Please see below!
Internship Title: Indiana Grown for Schools Network Communications Intern
IDOH Division: Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity
Summary of Position:
The intern will assist the Indiana Grown for Schools Network in the writing, formatting, and posting of the Indiana Farm to School communications on the social media suite. The Indiana Grown for Schools Network has a website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account that will need routine maintenance. While the network does have templates for posts on the platform, we welcome individuals to work within the branding guides and utilize their creativity when producing communications. The intern will work with the Community Food Systems and Farm to School Coordinator at the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) within the Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity (DNPA). In addition to communications management, the intern will have the ability to attend meetings and conferences when appropriate.
We envision this to be a part time position; however, we are flexible and open to the ideas that each applicant has.
- Research and consolidate a variety of information available through publicly available sources for the upkeep of the Indiana Grown for Schools website.
- Draft and edit social media posts, website blog posts, etc. for outward communication with the Farm to School community.
- In collaboration with the Community Food Systems and Farm to School Coordinator, create a comprehensive communications plan for the Indiana Grown for Schools Network..
- Attend Indiana Grown for Schools Network Steering Committee meetings, full network quarterly meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Strong research and synthesis skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in Canva Pro.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing, graphic design or related field at a college or university.
- Interest or background in nutrition, food systems and/or public health is preferred.
- Experience working in Squarespace is preferred.
Difficulty of Work:
Intern refers to publicly available information and knowledge and skills obtained through public health guides from credible sources such as the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Services, National Farm to School Network, and other state government websites to help guide research activities, data collection, and communication strategy.
Work involves creating and analyzing Farm to School information that is used for communications and marketing throughout the state of Indiana. This will also involve ensuring that the information is relevant to the Hoosier audience. This work supports the Indiana Grown for Schools 5-year strategic plan, the IDOH mission, and the 2018 and 2020 USDA Farm to School Grants awarded to the Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity.
Personal Work Relationships:
The intern will work with various DNPA staff, the Indiana Grown for Schools Network Steering Committee and Project Teams, external stakeholders, and other health professionals.
This intern will work remote 100% of the time, including DNPA, IGFSN, and project team calls.
Please submit your application via this link: https://arcg.is/P5OGD Questions about this internship can be directed to Megan Paskey (email@example.com). Preference will be given to applications turned in by 5pm on June 11th, 2021.
The Other IDOH Summer 2021 Internship Opportunties Have Been Filled.
Are you interested in knowing when new opportunities for internships post? Join the IDOH Internship and Fellowship distribution list. We send out periodic reminders and updates 4-6 times a year of current IDOH internship and fellowship opportunities. Sign-up here: IDOH Internship and Fellowship Email List
IDOH accepts internship applications during 3 windows. Students can find the available internships and application information on this webpage during the following 3 windows of time. Due to the varied nature of the program areas hosting interns and the internship opportunities themselves, there are no set due dates for each application. IDOH closes applications upon the request of the hiring manager. Please submit your applications as soon as possible to be considered.
Fall Internships - (Students at IDOH approximately August-December) :
Interns may apply – Late summer
Spring Internships – (Students at IDOH approximately January-May):
Interns may apply – Late Fall
Summer Internships – (Students at IDOH approximately June-August)
Interns may apply - Late February - Early March