How to Become an Authorized Yellow Fever Vaccine Provider in the State of Indiana
Announcement: Sanofi Pasteur, the manufacturer of the only yellow fever vaccine (YF-Vax) licensed in the United States, has announced that YF-Vax will be unavailable starting in mid-2017 because of delays in the production process. Sanofi Pasteur applied and received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make another yellow fever vaccine available in the United States under an investigational new drug (IND) program. Manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur in France, this vaccine, Stamaril, is registered and distributed in more than 70 countries. It is comparable in safety and efficacy to YF-Vax.
In order to meet the requirements of the IND program, Sanofi Pasteur can provide Stamaril to only a limited number of clinics. Sanofi has identified sites throughout the United States to include in the program so patients can have continued access to yellow fever vaccine. The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is not involved in the selection process for clinics to join the IND program and administer Stamaril. For more information, contact Sanofi Pasteur at 1-800-VACCINE (1-800-822-2463).
Once YF-Vax is no longer available, travelers and health care providers will be able to find locations that can administer Stamaril by visiting the Stamaril yellow fever vaccination clinic search page.
The ISDH has NEW requirements for clinics to become and remain authorized yellow fever vaccine providers. Please note that all personnel that will be screening travelers for receipt of and/or administering Yellow Fever Vaccine are now required to complete the CDC Yellow Fever Vaccine Course and make their certificates available upon request. The provider of record must submit a certificate of completion with the application.
How to renew yellow fever vaccine provider authorization status:
- Download and complete the Certified Yellow Fever Provider Application and Vaccination Site Agreement.
- Complete the CDC Yellow Fever Vaccine course and attach certificate of completion to application.
- Fax completed application to 317-234-2812. Applications with missing or incomplete information will not be processed.
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Search for Yellow Fever Vaccine Clinics
- CDC Yellow Fever Vaccine Course
- FDA YF-Vax Product Information (including YF-Vax Package Insert)
- CDC Yellow Book – Yellow Fever, Chapter 4
- Government Printing Office Bookstore (purchase ICVP Cards)
For more information on becoming an authorized yellow fever vaccine provider, contact:
Page last updated: November 18, 2019
Page last reviewed: November 18, 2019