Aviation is an integral part Indiana's transportation infrastructure and is vital for business, agriculture, and tourism as Indiana is home to 127 public-use aviation facilities. Indiana's aviation mission is to encourage, foster, and assist in the development of aeronautics in this state while also encouraging the establishment of airports, landing fields, and other navigation facilities.
Hoosier airports are the lifeblood for hundreds of companies across the state, allowing them to compete in a global economy while supporting jobs and economic growth in small communities across the heartland. These public-use facilities have an economic output of more than $14 billion including actively creating or sustaining 69,000 jobs and providing for the movement of people and goods to anywhere in the world.
We would encourage you to visit these facilities to witness first-hand the dedication of these aviation professionals as they strive to take Indiana to the next level.
- Instructions for Updating the Airport CIP for 2024-2029
- Airport Planning Resources
- DBE Goal Methodology
- Airport Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Update Letter (2025-2029)
- Airport Priority & Funding Summary 2025-2029 (includes 2024)
- CIP Project Information and Template Instructions
- CIP Template w BIL (2024-2029)
- FAA Revenue-Generating Facility Eligibility Evaluation Form
- Highlights for updating the 2025-2029 CIP
- Pavement Maintenance/Management Program on Airports 2024-2029
The efficient and effective movement of people and goods requires a balanced transportation system offering a variety of transportation modes, including highways, air, rail, pipeline and water. INDOT’s Multimodal Planning and Programs division includes the offices of Aviation, Freight, Public Transit, Rail, and Passenger Rail. Our goal is to develop and improve transportation modes in a seamless system that is more efficient, flexible, and environmentally sustainable, and meets the needs of travelers and shippers alike.
GovDelivery Subscription Service is a free subscription offered by INDOT to keep you current on happenings in Multimodal. Please follow this link IN.gov | GovDelivery to subscribe to all Multimodal announcements, - Freight and Logistics, Passenger Rail, INDOT Railroads, Mass Transit or Aviation.