- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Department of Correction

IDOC > Education Education Division

The Indiana Department of Correction announces that the local educational agency application for fiscal year 2014, under Part B, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, is completed and will be sent to the Indiana Department of Education, Division of Exceptional Learners.

Before this application is sent to the Indiana Department of Education, it must be made public as a separate document and interested persons given an opportunity to comment thereon. Accordingly, Indiana Department of Correction is hereby inviting interested persons to comment on the context and nature of the application.

The components in the application upon which comments are solicited include:
(1)child identification;
(2)least restrictive environment;
(4)parent involvement;
(5)personnel development;
(6)individualized education programs;
(7)procedural safeguards;
(8)protection in evaluation procedures;
(9)establishment of a full educational opportunities goal; and
(10)use of Part B funds.

The application may be examined at the administration offices of the Indiana Department of Correction during regular business hours.  If a copy of the application is desired, please contact John Nally, Director of Education, at 317.233.3111.

Comments on the application may be submitted to:
                John Nally
                Director of Education
                Indiana Department of Correction
                302 W. Washington, E334
                Indianapolis, IN 46204

More Education Information

***Attention GED Certificate Holders: Official copies of your GED transcript (score report) or GED Diploma (now a GED Certificate of Achievement) must be obtained from DiplomaSender TM, the state’s GED document fulfillment service. Please do not contact the Department of Education (DOE), or Department of Workforce Development (DWD), or the Department of Correction for a copy of your transcript.

GED records are only available at