Location: Willard Park, 1901 E. Washington Street, Indianapolis. (Marion County, Indiana)
No Longer Standing. Replaced by 2009 marker #49.2019.5 Willard Park.
Erected 1993 Indiana Historical Bureau and Ind. School for the Deaf and the Alumni Assn., PTCO of ISD, Ind. Assn. of the Deaf
ID# : 49.1993.2
Named for William Willard; site of Indiana School for the Deaf, 1850-1911. School founded by Willard, a deaf person, 1843; state-supported since 1844. School now at 1200 East 42nd Street. Willard, principal and teacher, was a dedicated educator of deaf people.