Odon Formerly Clarksburg
Location: North side of SR 58 near John Street, east edge of Odon. (Daviess County, Indiana)
Erected 1991 by the Daviess County Visitors Bureau
ID# : 14.1991.1
Platted in 1846 by John Hasting; town named Clarksburg reportedly after George Rogers Clark; post office name was Clark's Prairie, 1858-1881. Both names changed to Odon, 1881; Odon incorporated, 1885. By tradition, name Odon coined by combining names of two prominent citizens.
Historic District, Neighborhoods, and Towns