First Presbyterian Church of Southport
Location: 6200 McFarland & Banta Roads, Southport. (Marion County, Indiana)
Erected April 10, 1983 by Sesquicentennial Committee
ID# : 49.1983.1
Marker Review Report: Learn more here.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations . . . ." (Matthew 28:19) In recognition of its 150th year as a worshipping congregation, this sign marks the original location of the First Presbyterian Church of Southport, established March 30, 1833. Originally known as New Providence, the founding congregation met at this site in a log cabin called the "Old Mud Schoolhouse." This marker is dedicated to the glory of God in 1983, the congregation's sesquicentennial year. The past is prologue to the future.