- CDC Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention: Healthcare Providers – Resources and information on lead screening, reporting, medical management, education and other lead health issues.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) information on lead exposure – information and resources for physicians on prevention and medical management
- “Low Level Lead Exposure Harms Children: A Renewed Call of Primary Prevention” – Report of the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention.
- Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) – Information about protecting children from environmental hazards.
- PEHSU Region 5 – Great Lakes Center for Children’s Environmental Health: Indiana member
- Guidelines For the Identification and Management of Lead Exposure in Pregnant and Lactating Women (2010) – These guidelines are based on scientific data and practical considerations regarding preventing lead exposure during pregnancy, assessment and blood lead testing during pregnancy, medical and environmental management to reduce fetal exposure, breastfeeding, and follow up of infants and children exposed to lead in utero. (CDC)