A variety of diseases may be spread by mosquitoes, ticks, and animals.
- Amblyomma americanum (Lone Star tick)
- Amblyomma maculatum (Gulf Coast Tick)
- Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick)
- Ixodes scapularis (Blacklegged tick)
- Rhipicephalus sanguineus (Brown dog tick)
Other Pests of Public Health Significance
ISDH receives many inquiries regarding insect issues. While most of these insects or insect relatives do not carry disease, they can remain a substantial public health nuisance.
Bed Bugs | Fleas | Lice | Mites (Scabies)
Page Last Updated: January 13, 2022
Page Last Reviewed: December 29, 2021