About the Division of Family Resources
The Division of Family Resources is responsible for establishing eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. The division also manages the timely and accurate delivery of SNAP and TANF benefits.
DFR also provides employment and training services to some SNAP and TANF recipients. The division’s overarching focus is the support and preservation of families by emphasizing self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
To compassionately provide all Hoosiers accurate, timely and consistent services with dignity.
To concentrate our efforts and resources on meeting Hoosiers needs today so they may focus on creating a better tomorrow.
- VISIBILITY Hoosiers know who we are, what we do and how to find us.
- INITIATIVE Continuously inspire creative solutions by utilizing data to take action and deliver results that make a difference.
- TEAMWORK Working together, without borders or boundaries, to collaborate and celebrate with individuals, communities and partners.
- ACCOUNTABLE Take ownership of our work every day while adhering to the highest standards.
- LEADERSHIP Inspire growth and innovate through learning and action.