DDRS Commissions & Councils
All PDFs on this page are 508 compliant.
- Board of Interpreter Services
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services
- DDRS Advisory Council
- Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council
- Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council
- Interagency Coordinating Council
- 460 IAC Rule 2: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- 460 IAC Rule 3: Interpreter Standards for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
All meetings are held from 1 - 4 p.m. Meeting dates will be posted when available.
The Commission on Rehabilitation Services is the federally mandated state rehabilitation council, established in Section 105 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended by Title IV of the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, and 34 CFR 361.16-361.17 of its implementing regulations. The commission is comprised of a group of citizens appointed by the Governor representing the disability community.
The commission works with the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services’ Vocational Rehabilitation Services on matters such as the effectiveness and customer satisfaction with the services provided to individuals participating in the VR program. The commission is also involved in matters affecting VR policies and procedures, goals and priorities, and the state plan.
- Commission by-laws
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services application
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2022
- Commission on Rehabilitation Services annual report for FFY 2021
- History and regulations
- Indiana's Commission on Rehabilitation Services flyer
- Meeting archive
Indiana Employment First Plan
Indiana Employment First Plan, adopted by the Commission on Rehabilitation Services September 11, 2020.
Requests for accommodations or inquiries about accessibility can be made by contacting the commission at VRCommission.VR@fssa.IN.gov. Request must be received at least five business days prior to the meeting date. Every effort will be made to accommodate you.
- 2023 meeting schedule
- September 8, 2023 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- July 14, 2023 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- May 12, 2023 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- March 10,2023 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- January 13,2023 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- 2022 meeting schedule
- Meeting dates:
- November 4, 2022 - Starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- September 9, 2022 - starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- IMPORTANT UPDATE : In an effort to be proactive and keep our stakeholders, Commission members, staff and members of the public healthy, the Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services will conduct the September 9, 2022, meeting virtually via Teams.
- Members of the public are welcome to join the meeting virtually.
- To listen to the meeting online, log into the link: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ODc4MDRkNzctY2EzYi00MTUxLTg4MDgtYTM1MDI3NGVkYjQ1%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%222199bfba-a409-4f13-b0c4-18b45933d88d%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%226947978e-4278-4df3-a20c-915556928636%22%7d
- The commission will accept public comments during the virtual meeting or comments can be emailed to VRCommission.VR@fssa.in.gov
- July 8, 2022 - starts at 11:30 a.m. EDT
- May 13, 2022 - starts at 10 a.m. EDT
- March 11, 2022 - starts at 10 a.m.
- January 7, 2022 - from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Indiana Commission on Rehabilitation Services|
c/o Vocational Rehabilitation Services
402 W. Washington St., MS - 20
P.O. Box 7083
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7083
The DDRS Advisory Council was established by IC 12-9-4 to assist the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in ensuring individuals with disabilities are as independent and self-sufficient as possible. Please note that the following PDF files are screen reader-ready (508-compliant).
- Council by-laws
- Council members
- Meeting calendar
- Meeting dates - Meetings will be held from 10 a.m. to Noon unless otherwise noted. PowerPoint slides may be requested by emailing email@example.com or calling 800-545-7763.
- November 16, 2022
- October 19, 2022
- September 21, 2022
- August 17, 2022
- July 20,2022
- May 18, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- March 16, 2022
- February 16, 2022
- January 19, 2022
- January 20, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- August 18, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 15, 2021
- 2020 Advisory Council notices: September 2020, October 2020, November 2020
- 2020 agendas: January 2020, February 2020, March 2020, June 2020, July 2020, September 2020, October 2020
- 2020 presentations: January PowerPoint, February PowerPoint, June PowerPoint, July PowerPoint, August PowerPoint, September PowerPoint , October PowerPoint, November PowerPoint
The IIACC’s primary mission is to “facilitate the efficient and effective exchange of information on autism-related activities among the member agencies, and to leverage resources and experiences to address common issues and outcomes, and to fill identified gaps. The committee will serve as a forum and assist in increasing public understanding of the member agencies’ activities, programs, policies and research, and in bringing important matters of interest forward for discussion.” In the current work, the IIACC serves as one essential forum and mechanism for information sharing as well as data driven decision making through review, discussion and problem solving informed by the data collected through a comprehensive and systematic process directed and overseen by the teams at HANDS in Autism ®.
For more information, please visit www.indiananetwork.org.
- Annual report 2021-22
- Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Questions regarding the Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD and the IIACC may be directed to the HANDS in Autism Interdisciplinary Training and Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 meeting dates:
- March 10, 2022
- June 2, 2022 - 9-11:30 a.m. EDT
- On June 2, 2022, members of the Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council met virtually to discuss several topics: from adapting the language of the Comprehensive Plan to make it more widely accessible, to reviewing and updating new materials and additions based on the feedback received during the March 2022 meeting. You can find the full meeting summary and materials covered here.
- Sept. 8, 2022: 9-11:30 a.m. EDT
- Stay up to date on events and resources by joining our mailing list(s) here.
- Dec. 8, 2022: 9-11:30 a.m. EDT
The Interagency Coordinating Council for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities, is the State’s federally mandated early intervention council, established in Section 641 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 and in 34 CFR 303.600 et seq. of its implementing regulations. The ICC is comprised of a group of First Steps parents, providers, and other stakeholders appointed by the Governor to represent the early intervention community. First Steps is Indiana’s Part C early intervention program under Part C of IDEA. First Steps is a program of the Bureau of Child Development Services, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services in the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
The First Steps early intervention system also includes a network of local councils, known as Local Planning and Coordinating Councils, that operate similar to the ICC but on a local level. If you or someone you know is interested in participating in a local council, please contact First Steps at FirstStepsWeb@fssa.in.gov.
The Interagency Coordinating Council meetings are open to the public. ICC meetings are currently hosted the second Wednesday of the month in January, March, May, July, September and November. Meetings are held in person and virtually, location address and virtual meeting link to attend are posted in the agendas posted below.
For accommodations and/or interpreter services, please email Janet Ballard at least two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
To subscribe to the FSSA GovDelivery messaging service to receive Notice of Public Meeting for ICC meetings please follow this link.
2023 meeting dates:
- November 8, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- September 13, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- July 12, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- May 10, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- March 8, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- January 11, 2023 10 a.m. ET
- Minutes - English
- Minutes - Spanish
- Indiana Part C Annual Performance Report - FFY 2021
2022 meeting dates:
- January 12, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
- March 9, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
- May 11, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
- July 13, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
- September 14, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
- November 9, 2022, 10 a.m. ET
IDEA Part C (ECTAcenter.org)
IDEA Part C (ED.gov)