Elevating Work & Learn: Fall Conference
DWD and its partners have embarked on an effort to ensure work and learn opportunities for all Hoosier students, and encourage schools, businesses and educators to create and identify viable options for exposure to work environments. Elevating Work & Learn in Indiana focuses on successful programs across the state that are creating learning opportunities for students and educators, through a variety of methods, programs, and experiences.
The 2016 conference took place on October 20, 2016 as part of the Indiana Sectors Summit. Click here for presentations and more information.
2015 Work & Learn in Indiana Conference
Sponsored by the DWD, Indiana Works Councils and Indiana Career Council, the event was designed for attendees to gain ideas and learn more about potential collaborations for students and communities.
- MODEL OF INTERNSHIP: Jay County Schools, Jeremy Gulley, Director of Teacher Effectiveness
- MODEL OF INTERNSHIP: Goodwill Industries, Betsy Delgado, Vice President of Mission Advancement & Shelley Ashley, Director of Goodwill Works
- MODEL OF APPRENTICESHIP: Indiana Kentucky Ohio Regional Council of Carpenters, Todd Pancake, Director of Education
- MODEL OF INTERNSHIP: Conexus, Claudia Cummings, Vice President, Workforce and Education
- MODEL OF ON THE JOB TRAINING: Rapid Reemployment in Advanced Manufacturing Positions (RAMP), Brooklyn Burton, Project Manager, Region 4 Workforce Board
- MODEL OF EXTERNSHIP: Tech Point, Sally Reasoner, Director of Talent Initiatives
- MODEL OF COOPERATIVE EDUCATION: Vincennes University, Charles Johnson, Interim President