Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana Department of Workforce Development
Indiana is committed to providing quality employment services to veterans at our WorkOne Centers. Veterans go to the front of the line and each office has an onsite veteran's representative that assists with employment needs.
DWD's Veteran Service program provides specific job placement services. To qualify for placement services you must meet the following definition and be registered with your local WorkOne Center.
- Any individual who served more than 180 days on active duty (not for Reserve or National Guard training).
- Any individual who served on active duty and was released because of a service connected illness or injury. (Does not have to meet the 180-day rule)
- Any individual who was in the National Guard or Reserves and was called to active duty during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge is authorized. (Examples are Panama, Grenada, Haiti, Beruit, Persian Gulf, Desert Shield or Desert Storm. You do not have to have served in that area.)
Services that are provided to qualified veterans include:
- Face-to-face orientation of the WorkOne Center and services provided
- Face-to-face review of IndianaCAREERConnect.com, the largest source of job openings in the state
- Direct referral to jobs (Both established jobs and job development)
- Assistance looking for a job, developing a resume and preparing for an interview
- Referral to other federal, state and local agencies
- Information on veteran's rights and employment benefits
- Assistance transitioning into civilian employment
- Training incentives and grants
- Veterans' newsletter
- Guidance finding vocational training
- Post-employment counseling
- Occupational skills assessment
These services provide veterans with the necessary information they need to find and secure suitable employment and make the transition from the military to the civilian workforce. If you are a veteran, please visit your nearest WorkOne Center and speak to a veteran's representative today. All representatives are honorably discharged service members that specialize in assisting in your employment needs.
Demographic Information on Indiana Veterans
Unemployment among recent veterans during the Great Recession
If you are a post 9/11 Veteran click here to learn about the Veteran’s Gold Card, a congressional program offering enhanced re-employment services.
We are Indianapolis Veterans
To find more information and view videos for Veterans activities around Marion County visit, We are Indianapolis Veterans