What is Title II, Part A?
The purpose of Title II, Part A is to increase the academic achievement of all students by helping schools and districts improve teacher and principal quality and effectiveness. Through this federal program, State and Local Education Agencies (SEAs and LEAs) and State agencies for higher education (SAHEs) receive funds on a formula basis. Eligible partnerships consisting of high-need LEAs and institutions of higher education receive funds that are competitively awarded by the SAHE.
In exchange, agencies that receive funds are held accountable to the public for improvements in student academic achievement. Title II, Part A provides these agencies with the flexibility to use these funds creatively to address challenges to teacher quality and effectiveness, whether they concern teacher preparation and the qualifications of new teachers, recruitment and hiring, induction, targeted and embedded professional development, teacher retention, or the need for more capable principals and assistant principals to serve as effective school leaders.
Title II-A Documentation
Title II-A FFY 2021 (SY2021-2022) Application Resources
- FFY 2021 Title II-A Budget Application and Reimbursement Form
- Title II-A Application Instructions Video
- Title II-A Completion Instructions Slide Deck
- Title II-A Application Video Tutorial
- Title II-A Reimbursement Form Instructions Video
- Title II-A Reimbursement Form Instructions Slide Deck
- Jotform: Title II-A FFY2021 Application Submission
- FFY 2020 Title II-A Preliminary Allocations
- FFY 2020 Title II-A Budget Application and Reimbursement Form
- FFY 2020 Request for Amendment to Title II-A Grant Application
- FFY 2020 Final Report of Expenditures
- FFY 2019 Title II-A Preliminary Allocations
- FFY 2019 Request for Amendment
- FFY 2019 Final Report of Expenditures
- Supporting Effective Instruction FFY 2019 Application
- FFY 2018 Title II-A Preliminary Allocations
- Title II-A Non Pub Memo
- Supporting Effective Instruction FFY 2018 Application
- FFY 2018 Request for Amendment to Title II-A Grant Application Template
- FFY 2018 Final Expenditure Report
- FFY 2017 Request for Amendment to Title II-A Grant Application Template
- Supporting Effective Instruction FFY 2017 Application
- FFY 2016 Request for Amendment to Title II-A Grant Application Template
- Indiana's Equity Plan
- Title II-A Non-Regulatory and Statute Guidance
- Title II-A Non-Regulatory and Statute Guidance Continued
- Looking for General or Title II Specific Non-Public School Resources?
- Visit the Equitable Services Ombudsman Page