Information and FAQ
Looking to earn your full licensure in special education? Indiana Special Education Assisted Licensure (I-SEAL) provides Indiana’s current and future special education educators with access to convenient, accelerated options and key financial support.
- For educators licensed in another subject: Currently licensed teachers who wish to add special education to their existing license can participate in a fully funded 18-credit hour graduate program through the University of Indianapolis, Taylor University, or Indiana Wesleyan University.
- For individuals currently enrolled in a graduate-level special education preparation program: Individuals who are currently enrolled in a graduate-level special education teacher preparation program can earn scholarship assistance to support the completion of their required special education coursework and purchase textbooks.
- For non-education bachelor’s degree holders: Special education educators who have not earned full licensure but hold a non-education bachelor’s degree may receive a full scholarship to enroll in a federally compliant Transition to Teaching program. Ten Transition to Teaching programs in special education are currently available across Indiana.
- For individuals who have not yet passed the state licensing exam: Individuals who have completed a special education preparation program but have not yet passed the state licensure exam can participate in a free test-preparation workshop.
Eligible individuals can learn more and apply for assistance by visiting IndianaSEAL.org.
Approved Special Education Programs
Approved Special Education Transition to Teaching Programs
- ICASE ASSET
- Indiana University
- Indiana University East
- Indiana University Northwest
- Indiana University Southeast
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Marian University
- Oakland City University
- Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Teachers of Tomorrow
- Taylor University
- University of Indianapolis
- University of Saint Francis
- Valparaiso University