The Wabash River and Sugar Creek Conservation Areas begin along the tributary creek at Shades State Park and run south-southwest, stretching across four counties - Montgomery, Parke, Vermillion and Vigo - ending at Fairbanks Landing FWA, south of Terre Haute.
There are no self-service check-in stations.
Shoreline fishing along the Wabash is allowed. See the Fishing Regulations for size and bag limit details.
All hunting seasons and bag limits apply. See the Hunting & Trapping Guide for details.
The Wabash River Vermillion County Conservation Area, Parking Lot WR-V-2, east of the town of Clinton, does not allow discharge of firearms. Bow hunting is permissible.
There are no reserved draw hunts.
Target shooting is prohibited.
Bonus antlerless tags are not permitted during deer season, and there is no deer hunting during the special antlerless season.
Trapping is permitted. Upland trapping is restricted to the use of dog-proof traps and #2 traps or smaller. Snares are NOT permitted. Conibears are permitted ONLY covered by water. For more details, contact the Deer Creek Fish & Wildlife Area office at 765-653-0453.
Non-hunting activities include wildlife watching, walking, mushroom hunting and gathering nuts, and do not require sign-in.
River otter, beaver, deer and other mammals are commonly seen.
The collection of ginseng is not allowed.
Camping and swimming are prohibited.
Please read and obey all signs.
- Wabash River Conservation Area Parke County River Access
- Wabash River Conservation Area Parke County Parking Lot WR-P-1
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vermillion County Parking Lot WR-V-1
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vermillion County Parking Lot WR-V-2
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vermillion County Parking Lot WR-V-3
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vigo County River Access
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vigo County Parking Lot WR-VS-1
- Wabash River Conservation Area Vigo County Parking Lot WR-VS-2
- Photos & Video