Big Tree Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the Indiana Big Tree Register, sponsored by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Forestry.
Nominations for the 2020 are now closed.
You can use the instructions and online form below to nominate a tree. Alternatively, you can download and print a form and mail it to: Indiana Big Tree Coordinator, 402 W Washington St W296 Indianapolis, IN 46204.
We hope that through this program the largest specimens of each tree species native to Indiana will be found and recognized. All landowners and nominators of Champion Trees will have their names published in the Indiana Big Tree Register, along with the size and general location of the champions.
Questions? Contact the Community and Urban Forestry Program at 317-234-6568 or e-mail urbanforestry@dnr.IN.gov
Data submitted should include:
- Common species name according to Deam’s “Trees of Indiana.”
- Scientific name, if known.
- County and Township where tree is located.
- Physical condition of tree when measured.
- Date measured.
- Map showing location of tree.
- Circumference, total height, average crown spread of tree.
- Owners name, address, and phone.
- Landowner’s permission to submit entry.
- Nominator’s name, address and phone number and date nominated.
- One or more photographs of tree.