Indiana Secured School Safety Board
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
except state-observed holidays
Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security
Indiana Government Center-South, Room E208
302 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2739
Upcoming Committee Meeting
The board meets on an as-needed basis, with a minimum of two meetings per year. The board most recently met on May 10, 2021, and February 16, 2021.
About the Indiana Secured School Safety Board
The Indiana Secured School Safety Board was established to approve or disapprove applications for matching grants through the Secured School Safety Grant Program. Per IC 10-21-1-3, the board shall establish criteria to be used in evaluating applications for matching grants from the fund. These criteria must be consistent with the fund's goals, and provide for an equitable distribution of grants to school corporations and charter schools located throughout Indiana.
- Cody Reynolds, Attorney General's Office*
- Stephen Balko, Director of School Building Safety for the Indiana Department of Education**
- Eric Bowlen, Principal at Ronald K. Bell East-Middle School
- Doug Carter, Superintendent of the Indiana State Police
- Stephen Cox, Director of the Indiana Department of Homeland Security
- Devon McDonald, Director of the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute
- Scott Mellinger, Sheriff of Madison County
*Designee for Todd Rokita, Attorney General
**Designee for Dr. Katie Jenner, Secretary of Education
Secured School Safety Board Contact
Secured School Safety Director