Senior Advisory Committee
Update 7/6/20: July 10 meeting postponed until date TBA.
Other 2020 Meetings
August 21 and November 20
Meeting times and locations TBA
The Senior Advisory Committee conducted its April 17, 2020, meeting through Webex. This allowed for real-time viewing and listening capabilities during the meeting.
About the Senior Advisory Committee (SAC)
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS) established the Senior Advisory Committee (SAC) as an advisory council to the administration of the State Homeland Security Program (SHSP) federal grant. IDHS is tasked with administering these federal funds, and the SAC supports a whole community approach to emergency preparedness and management in Indiana. The SHSP fund is designed to enhance the core capabilities of Indiana to achieve the National Preparedness Goal established by FEMA. The SAC ensures IDHS administers the funds to address core capabilities while providing oversight and direction through the grant review, scoring, and award process for SHSP. Other responsibilities include:
- Support the integration of activities across disciplines that best protect Hoosiers, in accordance with the SHSP program
- Create a cohesive planning network that builds and implements initiatives using local, state and federal resources
- Manage all available funding sources to ensure their effectiveness and minimize duplication
- Ensure applications for SHSP funds align with capability gaps identified through Indiana’s THIRA/SPR process
- Assist in the review and revision, if necessary, of local homeland security plans
- Monitor the effectiveness of the SHSP program