Along with, career growth, a dedicated support system, and the opportunity to enrich the lives of Hoosiers across the state, DCS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package.
The state's employee premiums make high-quality medical coverage affordable, and the state covers half of the premium costs. Medical plans include three consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs) with an accompanying Health Savings Account (HSA) and one Preferred Provider Organization (Traditional PPO) plan. Also, you'll have access to use Castlight, a transparency tool to help manage costs and shop for health care. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are also available providing the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars for reimbursement of qualified medical and/or dependent care expenses.
The Employee Benefits Overview provides a summary of benefits offered which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- 2019 Health Plan Rates
- Health Savings Account - with Employer Contribution
- You may also contact our benefits hotline at 317-232-1167 with any health plan benefit related questions.
- Life Insurance - Group term insurance is available up to 150 percent of salary. Supplemental plans are available as well as dependent life coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – The state provides employee and family member support during difficult times either directly by phone or by referral to resources in the community. The EAP provides assistance with managing a wide range of issues from relationship and family concerns to anxiety, depression, alcohol and even drug abuse. Other services offer assistance for stress, grief, parenting, and even financial or legal issues.
- Indiana Public Retirement System – Comparison Overview
- The state pays 100 percent of the cost. Individual accounts are maintained for each employee. Investment options are available. Visit the INPRS website at www.in.gov/inprs.
- Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. - Deferred Compensation Plan
- The Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. 457(employee contributions) and 401a (employer contributions) plans, like their private sector counterpart, the 401(k) plan, offer public employees an excellent way to save for their retirement through tax deferred contributions to their own individual accounts. The state will match up to $15/paycheck, $390/yr, with no vesting period. Visit Hoosier S.T.A.R.T at http://www.in.gov/auditor/hoosierstart/.
- DCS offers an Employee Recognition Program with available spot bonuses up to $500.
- The state is a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Short/Long Term Disability Benefits are available and the state shares the cost for your participation.
- Direct deposit is available of your payroll checks and deposits to your eligible Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Free parking is available at most state facilities.
Employee Recognition Program
The DCS Employee Recognition Bonus Program is designed to reward employees, at all levels, by recognizing exceptional performance and outcomes related to the DCS mission, vision and values.
Nominations are under three categories: Team Player Award, Rock Star Award,and Champion for Hoosier Children Award. Learn more
Field Mentor and Peer Coach Bonus Program
This award is intended to reward employees actively serving as voluntary Field Mentors and Peer Coaches. Learn more