Significant programs are in place that have helped Indiana become a national model for impaired driving prevention and enforcement.
- Peer-to-peer assistance is provided to law enforcement departments statewide through seven regional law enforcement liaisons;
- Participation in “Over the Limit, Under Arrest" national mobilizations;
- A paid statewide media campaign promoting increased enforcement;
- Quarterly meetings with DUI Taskforce law enforcement agencies to include peer-to-peer reports of enforcement results, problem solving, program highlights, legal updates and training;
- A full-time statewide coordinator overseeing the Standardized Field Sobriety Training (SFST) and Drug Recognition Evaluation Training (DRE) programs;
- Continuing education/training is provided to law enforcement, judges and prosecutors;
- Funding to conduct underage compliance checks for purchasing alcohol and conducting training programs through the Indiana Excise Police;
- Provide impaired driving traffic enforcement equipment to law enforcement; and
- Improvement of the state traffic records program through various grant opportunities such as the Federal Motor Carrier Assistance Program and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Drug Recognition Examiner (DRE) Application
Indiana Impaired Driving Laws
SFST Instructor List
Partners & Programs