All BMV branches are open for walk-in service and continue to support scheduled appointments. Check the branch map before making a trip to the BMV to confirm hours and make sure to review required documents for your transaction. As always, we encourage BMV customers who can conduct their business online at myBMV.com to do so.
Transactions Available by Appointment or Walk-In
- Written Tests*
- Commercial Driver License
- New Driver License, Learner Permit, or Identification Card**
- Renew Driver License, Learner Permit, or Identification Card
- Amend a Current Driver License, Learner Permit, or Identification Card
- Replacement Driver License, Learner Permit, or Identification Card
- Title Transfer
- Update to an Existing Title
- New Registration
- Disability Placard
- Registration Renewal
- Registration Amendment
- Duplicate Registration
- Duplicate Title
*You must arrive at the branch and begin your test no less than one hour prior to close.
**If a driving test is required, you must schedule in advance.
What to Expect During Walk-in Service
We understand many customers need to visit a branch. We will work to process transactions as quickly as possible without compromising service or safety. Here’s important information on preparing for your trip and what to expect when you arrive.
- Confirm you have all required documents
- Check the branch hours
- Pack your mask if you are NOT fully vaccinated
- Check the weather
When you arrive at the branch, an associate will check you in. The number of customers in a branch at one time is limited. You may be required to wait outside. If you need assistance or have an appointment, please make sure to let the associate know at check-in. As a reminder, you are not required to visit the branch in your county, you may go to any branch in the state.
Need to Get a Real ID?
The deadline has been extended to May 3, 2023. If you need to renew or update your license, you can also get a Real ID at the same time.