The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles actively participates in social media to connect with customers, providing them with timely BMV news.
Connect with us!
BMV Social Media Policy
Any inaccurate, profane or defamatory comments will be deleted at the discretion of the BMV communications team.
- We do not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, nudity, defamation of character, advertising or political campaigning on the BMV’s social media pages. Such content will be removed.
- We monitor our profiles and pages, but are not responsible for content generated by users. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of the BMV. Our profiles and pages may contain links to other websites on the Internet. This does not constitute endorsement by the BMV.
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product, infringe on copyright, or spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly, may also be removed.
- When interacting with other users, please be civil and follow the usage guidelines established by the social media service.
- The focus of the social media opportunities is to share information relevant to the BMV.
- All links posted as comments will be deleted.
- Repeated violations of this comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from the BMV’s social media pages.
We understand social media is a 24/7 medium, however, our monitoring capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
Social media content created by the BMV as well as the public’s comments are public record and therefore subject to open records law.