About the Program
As stated in its strategic plan, the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) believes that cultural vibrancy attracts and drives economic activity in the state and as such the IAC is committed to supporting a deeper understanding and integration of the arts by and in communities.
Experienced creative consultants come alongside selected communities to help move the process forward. The journey is documented and lessons learned are shared with peer communities around the state.
Consultancies Have Included
- Cultural district development
- Art center and housing development
- Cultural trail development
- Community arts partnerships with other sectors
- Our downtown offers lots of cultural arts, Noblesville (2012 consultancy)
- Nashville Arts and Entertainment District recognized by the state (2012, 2014, 2017 consultancy)
- Consultancies funded by the IAC