Indiana Arts Homecoming
Presented by the Indiana Arts Commission in concert with a statewide steering committee, 2018 marks the second year of this collaborative annual convening of Indiana’s statewide arts community: artists, arts organizations, arts educators and arts supporters which will be held October 18 & 19 at the Arts Campus in Fort Wayne. Centralized around a theme, participants learn field-driven best practices from across the state. This year’s Indiana Arts Homecoming will be combined with the 2018 Governor’s Arts Awards, which will be held at Sweetwater Sound, so it’s truly going to be an epic two days of arts in our state. You won’t want to miss it!
This Year’s Theme: Quality of Place for a Vibrant Indiana
We know the arts are a key ingredient to quality of place, but what does that mean? What does it look like? And, where – from artist to advocate to arts administrator to overall organization – do we start (or make the most impact?) We will explore arts’ expansive role in community development, its intersections with economic development, and its resonating effects for the state.
To find out more about what we did last year, see the 2017 Indiana Arts Homecoming program HERE.
2018 Indiana Arts Homecoming Partners
Indiana Arts Homecoming in the Press
- The Artist & Public Art Projects: Voices from the Field (2017 Session Recording)
- Hundreds expected to attend inaugural Indiana Arts Homecoming (IAC Press Release)
- Martinsville Teacher Named Outstanding Art Educator of the Year
- Rev Up Your Engagement Engine with Practical Tools & Best Practices (2017 Session Recording)
- Three hundred attend inaugural Indiana Arts Homecoming (IAC Press Release)